Work First is the only insurance company with an executive team that brings experience in running a staffing company.
Hi, I’m Bruce Winterrowd, Vice President of Underwriting. Since 2005, we have provided a stable market for workers’ compensation, offering two types of policies: Guaranteed Cost and Medium Deductible. We operate in 39 states and the District of Columbia, which means we can cover your clients almost everywhere. All of our new policies are underwritten personally by me. If you have any questions, please contact me directly at or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love nothing more than to speak with you personally!
Click below for more information
We have written hundreds of Guaranteed Cost policies for staffing companies ranging from our minimum premium of $75,000 to over $6,000,000. Furthermore, we have been tremendously successful in assisting policyholders in lowering their experience modifiers and ultimately their cost of insurance.
You are free to cater a policy to match your client’s needs by selecting among deductible amounts ranging from $5,000 to $75,000. Medium Deductible policies minimize collateral requirements when compared to large deductibles, and to further improve your clients’ cash flow we do not require a loss fund, and bill deductibles monthly. Regardless of the deductible level, policyholders will receive our world-class claims service and prompt underwriting attention.
We would love to work with you to place your well-run temporary staffing accounts! Here are our basic underwriting guidelines:
- Minimum Premium $100,000 ($75,000 for clerical only risks)
- Minimum of 3 years in business
- No PEO, Leasing Exposures, USL&H Exposures, Construction, Recycling or Day Labor
- Limited exposure in IL, NY, SC and LA – ideally incidental exposure in an otherwise conforming submission
- Five year incurred loss ratio of less than 50 percent
To make a submission, we ask that you begin by completing the ACORD 130 and our Supplemental Application. The Supplemental Application will ask you to attach the following information:
- Complete client list with class code, job description and projected payroll by client
- Currently valued loss runs for the current and previous four years
- Copy of the most recent annual and year-to-date financial statements (audited if available)
- Copies of the staffing company’s client agreement and the front and back of the time card