Work First is one of the few workers’ compensation insurance companies providing a tailored package to meet the unique needs of the healthcare industry – we specifically target the home health, hospice and senior care industries.
Hi, I’m Bruce Winterrowd, Vice President of Underwriting. Since 2005, we have provided a stable market for workers’ compensation, offering two types of policies: Guaranteed Cost and Medium Deductible. We operate in 39 states and the District of Columbia, which means we can cover your clients almost everywhere. If you have any questions, please contact me directly at (630) 416-7954 or email email@example.com. I’d love nothing more than to speak with you personally!
Click below for more information
We have written hundreds of Guaranteed Cost policies ranging from our minimum premium of $75,000 to over $6,000,000. Furthermore, we have been tremendously successful in assisting policyholders in lowering their experience modifiers and ultimately their cost of insurance.
You are free to cater a policy to match your client’s needs by selecting among deductible amounts ranging from $5,000 to $75,000. Medium Deductible policies minimize collateral requirements when compared to large deductibles, and to further improve your clients’ cash flow we do not require a loss fund, and bill deductibles monthly. Regardless of the deductible level, policyholders will receive our world-class claims service and prompt underwriting attention.
We would love to have your clients join our many other satisfied policyholders! Here are our basic underwriting guidelines:
- Minimum Premium $75,000
- Minimum of 3 years in business or equivalent industry experience
- Limited exposure in IL, NY, SC and LA – ideally incidental exposure in an otherwise conforming submission
- Five year incurred loss ratio of less than 50 percent
To make a submission, we ask that you begin by completing the ACORD 130 and our Supplemental Application. The Supplemental Application will ask you to attach the following information:
- Completed ACORD 130
- Currently valued workers’ compensation loss runs for the current and previous four years
- Currently valued commercial auto loss runs for the current and previous four years
- Copy of the most recent annual and year‐to-date financial statements (audited if available)